Friday 9 March 2012

Thoughts on Parenting - No Regrets


Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  
It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.  
~Elizabeth Stone



If I had my child to raise all over again, 
I'd build self-esteem first, and the house later.
I'd finger-paint more, and point the finger less.
I would do less correcting and more connecting.
I'd take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.
I'd take more hikes and fly more kites.
I'd stop playing serious, and seriously play.
I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.
I'd do more hugging and less tugging.
~Diane Loomans



The guys who fear becoming fathers 
don't understand that fathering is not something perfect men do, 
but something that perfects the man.  
The end product of child raising is not the child but the parent.  
~Frank Pittman, Man Enough




Always kiss your children goodnight - even if they're already asleep.  
~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.



No regrets. May I live my life, day by day with no regrets. 
Completely embracing these children of ours as the incredible miracles they are. 
These precious beings so full of incredible potential, passion, strength and character.
May I be the mother that encourages them to be the very best they can be and who loves completely and unconditionally.
When I am old may I be able to look back at my life as a mother, with my husband at my side, and have no regrets.


:::

13 comments:

  1. Amen! Me too! This is beautiful. Thank you for posting this and sharing these wonderful quotes. I want to play more, enjoy the moments more and not worry about time, correcting more than laughing and enjoying our time together etc.
    I hope your packing is coming together well! I commented the other day on your Richmond Park post, but I'm not sure it went through. I said something along the lines of loving your photos and places like these in the middle of cities! I'm looking forward to finding out about life in Italy! What part of Italy? May this weekend be filled with laughter, adventures and memory-making moments for you all :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I LOVE the font you're using for your post titles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post - brought tears to my eyes! Going to go and give my children an extra kiss :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Brigette. Beautiful thoughts/quotes, beautiful photos, all from a beautiful lady with a beautiful mother's heart!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brigette - We are of one mind. When I wrote the book by the same name as this post (No Regrets Parenting) my goal was to open up parents' eyes and minds, to teach them to meditate on the wonder of their babies, no matter how old those babies may be. These quotes are beautiful. I put these 2 in the book: "We've had bad luck with our kids, they've all grown up" (Christopher Morley, American Novelist); and "Life is a sum of all your choices" (Camus, French philosopher). May we make the right choices.

    Harley Rotbart, M.D.
    www.noregretsparenting.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so beautiful. Thanks for compiling and sharing. So precious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Brigitte..so lovely that in-between all the packing up and upheaval of your lives you can still find time to think on the preciousness this gift of parenting is xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous photos...gorgeous moments, captured and savoured. Thats what life's about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Beautiful words and photos to capture motherhood perfectly.
    Bless you.
    ~rachel

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SOOooo beautiful
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH and BTW, I featured this as one of my favourites from last week's linky. Loved it that much.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave a comment X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...